Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thank You Grandma

I was out the other day shoveling the coating of snow we had received the night before when I noticed a couple bird flocking to the huge tree in our front yard.  As I shoveled back and forth down our driveway, I noticed more and more birds in the tree.

What surprised me the most was that I was basically scraping the driveway with each pass making a loud scraping noise.  Usually this would drive birds away.  Soon I found the top of the tree covered with birds.  It was a pretty windy day and they were holding on for dear life.  I ran to grab my camera to get a shot of it.

It made me think of my Grandma whose been gone for many years now and how she loved to watch the birds outside her window.  They brought her so much joy along with of course, "Days of Our Lives."  I just knew she sent them to me to let me know that she was thinking of me.  It made the shoveling go a lot faster thinking of her and the memories we shared.  Thank you, Grandma.  I miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...